Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Maternal Lineage Updated

In anticipation of receiving my mtDNA test in a few weeks, I've been researching my direct maternal line. When I last posted on this subject, I could only confirm up to Catherine Powell. Today I've added confirmation of Anna Barbara Albright, Anna Maria Keller, and discovered a potentially different mother for Anna Maria Keller.

Starting with my great-grandmother, here is my direct maternal lineage, as far as I can trace it (some are not verified):
Rachel Louisa Johnson
Martha Jane Garrett
Nancy Emeline Brookshire
Elizabeth Tilley
Catherine Powell
Anna Barbara Albright
Anna Maria Keller
(unconfirmed from here down)
Juliana Kleindinst or Catharina Wirth
Anna Maria ?

It is more difficult researching maternal lineage, especially prior to 1850 when all household members were enumerated in the census, but I've found some excellent resources. With diligence and patience, the results can be found.

No comments: