Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What's New Last Week

It was a busy week in research, sourcing, and design. I added a photo of my great-grandparents, Newt Ward and Rachel Johnson Ward. I obtained a copy of Rosa Ellis Roberts' death certificate. I added part of an interesting biographical sketch of Monteville Roberts (more to come on this).

But probably the biggest change is the mapping feature added to the website. I discovered that my web software, TNG, offers the ability to link places to Google Maps through GPS coordinates. I spent one day last weekend cleaning up the place names in my database and adding some GPS coordinates. This is a big job and will take a long time to complete, but I'm a visual person and am very excited about being able to see the locations of events on maps.

(Aside: thank goodness Blogger has auto-save, because IE just shut down in the middle of composing this post).

Also new, in the blog, is a list of the top 25 surnames in my database. If you are researching any of these names, please touch base.

That wraps up the week in Tonia's Roots.

No comments: