Thursday, December 27, 2007

Spring Place Cemetery

It was a nice day today, so I made a visit to Spring Place Cemetery. It had been many, many years since I had been to this cemetery. I was searching for four headstones, in particular, but had hopes of finding a few more that might belong to my ancestors. I spent about an hour there and wandered over the whole cemetery. Ironically enough, the one headstone I remembered and that I was seeking, was the last one I found.

The markers that I found were for Monteville Roberts and his wife, Mariah Langston, and their son Martin LaFayette Roberts and his wife, Rosie Ellis. Both of the Roberts' men had Mason symbols on their headstones and both of the wives' headstones had Eastern Star symbols.

I knew that many of my male relatives were Masons and that many of the women were in the Eastern Star. I know a bit about the Masons, but I plan on researching Eastern Star. Look for a post sometime soon.

No comments: